Saturday, May 3, 2008

The garbage-can project...

Remember the two items I dug up out of my garbage can last week?
Well, I managed to turn these into this:


I made a notebook, using some left over pieces of a pizza box, white sturdy paper and my bind-it-all machine...


The inside covers are covered with the new Basic Grey paper... and I made a matching back cover...


I cut the museum flyer into strips, and adhered some Basic Grey paper strips in between... then I added some brown paint, by using a resist technique with clear embossing powder and a harlequin stamp... then I glued the piece to the front cover...


I cut the packagingmaterial into usable pieces and used one to cover the focal point (magazine picture) of the cover, after stamping on it with white paint...


The other packaging piece I run through my die-cutting machine, to create this clear florishing embelishment...

I think it turned out really well, and the best part of it is that most used materials are from the garbage can...
Can't wait to see what you came up with...

11 comments:

Marsha Valk said...

Hi PJ and Mika!

I could not resist... Here's what I found in my garbage & what I did with it:

http://marshavalk.wordpress.com/2008/05/03/uit-de-prullenbak/

Beautiful little book you made there PJ! And thanks for the challenge!

Marsha.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic PJ, it looks great, very clever.

Anonymous said...

The book is gorgeous! Wow!

elke verschooten said...

great idea and result!!

xxx from belgium

Tyggereye said...

Thats an awesome book! Very cool.

Angela Christenson said...

Wow you did a really good job on this.

eluv said...

i love this!!

Robin. said...

so much fun! congratulations on your little one. i'm so happy for you :O)

P R I M O E Z A said...

how fantastic!

HazelWea said...

This notebook is amazing! What a great idea for repurposing!

Luloveshandmade said...

This one looks great! :)

And thanks for your comment on my blog, I just dropped in to watch your work, very interesting. :)